Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It was supposed to start at 7.30pm.
I reached at 7pm sharp.
Didnt realise that block which my student stays is so near to my 'favourite' coffee shop during my JC days.
Had no place to go.
The ground level was dark and eerie.
No one walks pass.
So I took a seat near the koi pond.
And yes,
There is a koi pond there. (which I wasnt aware of)
To give a good impression,
I decided to take the lift at 7.15pm.
There were 3lifts.
3 old and creepy lifts.
The 1st lift I went in,
The door doesnt close fully.
Immediately, I pressed the 'OPEN' button and rushed out.

From the outsie of the house,
It looks good.
Nice gate they have.
Ah gong opens the door, and directed me to Michelle.
She was with her ah ma and her sis, Cynthia.

Ah ma asked me "为什么以前那个不教了?"
I was shocked.
I was thinking,
There must be something wrong with this girl that scared off the teacher.

The first few mins of the lesson was alright.
I asked her about wat her previous teacher does,
She answered well,
wasnt shy at all. (as described by the agent- A SHY GIRL)
Until...
I asked her to do Maths problem sum,
While I marked her previous assignment.
Her assignment was almost half full of crosses!
Well,
That explains why she needs a tutor.
But i am willing to teach!
When i wanted to explain the problem sum (cause it was wrong AGAIN),
I had a hard time.
She started to get amazed about the highlighters in my pencil case.
And started whining to me,
Asking me to give her.
I said..? NO!

a: i cant give u, cos i need it.
m: i also need for my studies. give me la. next time i buy for u.
a: u show me improvement, i buy for u.
m: don wan. i wan now.
-and she starts to whine and whine.. while i got heated-up-
(trying to get her attention back to Maths)
a: come. see this question.
m: u give me then i study.
-i was like, ABCDEFG.. dont wan study ur business la-
(she keeps on whining)
m: u got sweets or stickers?
a: not for today. next wk k.
m: so long, tml la. (cos i have eng with her today)
a: but i not free to buy.
m: u check ur bag. see have anot.
a: my bag no sweet.
m: u also haven check.
-adeline checks her bag-
a: really don have..
m: then u bring bag for wat?

At this point of time,
I was already very mad.
Once and again, I tried to bring her attention back to Maths.
She dont bother.
All she cares is my hightlighters.. and my correction fluid.
And then she said she had stomachache.
So she went to get medication.

Her Maths is rather weak.
In the middle of lesson,
I asked,
a: how to do this question?
m: plus
a: why plus?
m: not plus ar? then minus lor.
a: why minus?
m: cos u said not plus mah

Best part:
When its 8.45pm,
I told her,
a: hurry! hurry! 1.5hrs, u did only 2 Maths problem
m: can u go home now? i know u want to go home now.
- S H O C K E D -
When its 9pm,
She was so happy,
And ran to open the door.
m: byebye!
a: ok~ let me tell u wats for hmwk k.
m: can don give hmwk? i got hmwk from sch.
a: but all these are wrong. u do corrections only k?
m: ok. bye! (ran out of the room)

I seriously am not sure what kids nowadays have undergone to behaviour in this manner.
NO manners.
NO respect for others.
NO sense of responsibility towards own learning.

Well,
I do not expect much from a Primary2 kid.
But dont you think she is such a RARE SPECIES?

TELL ME PEOPLE!
HOW TO DEAL WITH HER?
ITS ALREADY SEPTEMBER,
AND SHE IS STILL DOING CHAPTER ONE OF HER ASSESMENT BOOK.
HALF THE CHAPTER WRONG.

english tuition tonight.
omg!
my saddest days: tuesday and wednesday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home